Fourth of July Recap

I hope you all had a great Fourth of July!

We had a low key Fourth of July here, just a family cook-out. Or rather cook-in since no one wanted to battle mosquitoes and end up getting West Nile disease (several members of my family are hypochondriacs, prone to worry about dying of horrible diseases, and it's entirely possible that I might be one of those people.)

Here's the table before we started eating and it became covered in toddler crumbs (and crumbs from those of us who eat like toddlers.) I like to call this look Dollar Store Chic. It could also be called I Forgot to Buy Decorations Ahead of Time and Had to Make a Last Minute Trip to the Nearest Store Chic.



Here's what I served:

                                           Hamburgers & Cheeseburgers                                                              


                                                  Black Bean & Avocado Salad


                                                        Spiced Fruit Salad


                                                         Roasted Potatoes


And for dessert:

                                                   Chocolate Chip Cookies:



                                                        Strawberry Ice


Which, my siblings discovered, makes a great beverage when you add some Limoncello to the Strawberry Ice. You, of course, have to have a Liberty Bell with you when you drink the Strawberry Ice Limoncello. You just have to.


             
I'm going to share the recipes over the next week or so. Scroll down to the next blog entry for the first recipe!

Comments

  1. the black bean avocado salad looks so good! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a nice fourth! And your decorations look nice! Even if they are Dollar Store chic ;) And your black bean & avocado salad sounds really good! I make a black bean and corn guacamole that I really like, but have not seen a recipe for a salad like that. I think tomatoes are disgusting, so I am glad your recipe doesn't use them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts