Strawberry Lemonade

A few weeks ago I decided to try making homemade Strawberry-Lemonade. I tried a few recipes, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  But the recipes I tried were all a little too lemony for my taste. So I decided to try creating my own recipe that's more Strawberry-centric. I liked the end result so well that I now feel like I'm slumming it when I drink anything else.



If you're wondering why the pitcher is only half full, it's because I can't trust myself with an entire batch, so I only make half. For those of you who have more self-control than I do, here's the recipe for a whole batch (and my applause to you for having self control. Way to go!)

2 cups strawberries, sliced
1 cup lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 cups water

Place strawberries and sugar in blender. Let sit for 10 minutes. Add lemon juice and blend for 2 minutes. Pour strawberry-lemon mixture into a pitcher and add water. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

Comments

  1. This looks so simple and yet SO tasty! Love that you made it more strawberry focused than lemony. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts