Spiced Fruit Salad

Here's another recipe from my Fourth of July post. This is a recipe I've been making for years. It originally contained sugar, but for several years I was testing allergic to sugar (those were dark, dark days.) So I started substituting honey for the sugar, and I think I like the honey version better!




Spiced Fruit Salad

Ingredients: 
1 pint strawberries, diced
1 pint blueberries
4 peaches, peeled and diced
1/2 cup honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Directions: 
1. In a small bowl, combine honey, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.

2. Place strawberries, blueberries and peaches in a large bowl and stir to combine. Drizzle honey mixture over fruit and gently toss.

3. Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.

Note: You can also make this with 1 1/2 cups of frozen peaches that have been defrosted and diced.

Comments

  1. This sounds absolutely delicious! I'm going to make it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts